Here are some specific devices for medical applications.
Some PC's are adapted to hospitals, there are only
- (2008 Jan) Los Angeles medical-cannabis dispensary owner Vincent Mehdizadeh poses with
his new Marijuana vending machine installed at the Herbal Nutrition Center in Los Angeles,
Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2008. The black, armored machine is bolted to the floor dispenses medical-cannabis
to patients who provide a doctor's prescription and special identification card and their fingerprints.
(AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)
- (2010 May) Prescription Vending Machines tests its machine.
- (2011) Ethimedix unveils its "Series zero prototype" of the BTD3 with an AT77C104
BTD3 is a controlled drug delivery device suitable for medicine in a drinkable form.
It allows for safe and monitored use of strictly regulated or difficult to adhere drugs in
both a homecare and ambulatory setting.
The device aims to improve patient and legal compliance and prevent abuse, misuse
and diversion while respecting prescription adherence.
- (2011 Nov) SmartBottle CTI 8610 project at the EPFL/ESPLAB
- (2011 Dec) Biometric Tamperproof Drinkable Drug Dispenser (BTD3)
in the January/February 2012 issue of Drug Development & Delivery.
- Images from angel.co (may 2013)
- (2014) The SmartBottle uses a swipe Upek sensor (as the FingerChip was stopped).
- (2015 Mar) GeneSYS-RX
unveils the RX DrugSafe,
RX DrugSafe Pro
with an Authentec fingerprint sensor.
- The RX DrugSafe mini has a Upek fingerprint sensor.
- Also under the brand name "LockMed BioBox" and some other names
Likely a chinese product from Foshan Nanhai Gary Technology.
- (2015 Mar) Safes and cabinets:
DrugSafe MMS, DrugSafe PRO+, DrugSafe IC Cabinet, Cool (Organ Transport Case)
- (2015 Dec) RX SafeDOSE:
The Rx SafeDOSE unit is a fingerprint activated Bolus switch that first confirms authorization and identity prior to activating the PCA pump to administer prescribed medication.
- GeneSYS is also offering the RX FieldLOCK, a padlock for ambulances, which is in fact the Changzhou device.
Johns Hopkins University
- (2016 Mar) Intent Solutions
unveils the TAD (Take as directed), a fingerprint pill dispenser.
- (2016 Jul) Pillo Health
offers Pillo, a pill dispenser with face & voice recognition.
South Fayette High School
- (2007 Feb): Motion Computing unveils the
C5 health tablet PC
with the Authentec 1610 swipe fingerprint sensor.
- (2008 Mar) The F5 is released. Same design.
- (2010 May) C5v & F5v are updates.
- (2009 Mar): TabletKiosk® introduces the MediSlate™ MCA i1040XT with a Validity fingerprint sensor.
- (2009 Mar) GammaTech Durabook RT10
- (2009 May) Tangent Medic 10T
- (2009) Twinhead Digiheal T10Y MCA